Skimlinks

Monday, May 10, 2010

Damaged Goods

I stand here before you presenting myself to you as Damaged Goods
asking you to see inside my soul
past my hurt and pain,shelter me from my private shame
Take my hand and I'll lead you to a mountain's peak
where only the strongest of women have stood
You see...there's character building that comes with being labeled as Damaged Goods.
My past has shaped my present
My present is molding my future
Beauty is vain,youth is a luxury,fools are plentiful but wisdom does not rebuke her
I've built up this wall round about me
and around the brick wall I put up a barbwire fence;daring anyone who tried to get in.
Then here you came with your hacksaw and bulldozer tearing down MY fence
removing my wall brick by brick with your gentle hands
We fell in adoration and rose up to love before either of us at the other could catch a glance
You tore down my Berlin Wall without my permission
but now that you're here I don't want you to leave
I admit it's going to take some time for me to fully submit myself to you
before I can play my part in the plan for your life's vision
but I will...slowly but surely I will stretch out,kick my feet up,let my hair fly free and lay back blind folded resting my trust upon the big,comfy,plush,overstuffed couch that is you.
I will relax in your embrace
I will toss my fears to the wind which will cast them to a far away unknown place.
But for now,I reside in the familiarity of my own home,my safe haven,my comfort zone.
You have yet to whole-heartedly trust me
cause you've been hurt,you're still dealing with past issues that causes you to have hang ups too
So how can I whole-heartedly trust you?;but I swear to you that I will try.
I will write off my reservations and on a pedestal I will place you high.
I will wait for you while you wait for me
One heart will heal the other
Together we will learn to trust eachother.
+

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW! It's better than when you read the rough draft to me. Good work.