Skimlinks

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Open Your Eyes and Listen is a tribute and jouney of multiple voices

Open Your Eyes and Listen is a tribute and jouney of multiple voices The section Family highlights some of the joys and sorrows of my life as a Harrell man and the power love, patience and determination to push forward knowing life is filled with more beauty than ugliness. For the example the poem The Outer Limits pays tribute our family andthe African-American family and the poem Black Queen honors African-American women I've known and the spirit they manifest in a country and society than often under values thier worth.


The section Spirituality delves into issues of faith that we sometimes struggle with by means of the poem Live In Fear...Die In Silence and the love GOD has for us all is highlighted in the poem You Cared About Me as a collaboration with Tangil Smith.

Finally the last section Social Issues closes out with the title poem Open Your Eyes and Listen written about socially disturbing events that I observed in downtown Greensboro but happens in small towns and cities around the world, problems truly that deserving of our concern as human being.

Also in this the Purple edition is meditative page.

This is truly a book that speaks in multiple many of whom are tagged below either because I've been in one of their workshops, converse with and grown in wisdom because of our conversations or I been honored by their friendship.

Alfred Harrell, Author Open Your Eyes and Listen Copyright 2009