Inspirational Message # 3C Week of Sunday August 12, 2012 by Alfred Harrell Copyright 2012
Stepping out of our “comfort zone”
Each and every person reading this has at some point in life, I believe, has experienced what I will call the “what if factor” or the “if only factor” because as an individual the choice was made to remain in our comfort zone when faced with a decision that posed an outcome different from a similar situation in our past whether it was to changes careers, jobs, place of residence or our place in a relationship. Oprah Winfrey once said, “I've come to believe that each of us has a personal calling that's as unique as a fingerprint - and that the best way to succeed is to discover what you love and then find a way to offer it to others in the form of service, working hard, and also allowing the energy of the universe to lead you.”-O Magazine, September 2002
So if we as individuals have come to believe that we have a “personal calling” then that calling may require us to step out of our comfort zone in any of the aforementioned areas or perhaps one not stated above.
Stepping out of our comfort zone may bring us unimaginable blessings if the steps are done under prayerful reflection along with quiet time meditation upon the issue at hand; the reason I say this is because our ever wired minds are sometimes to noisy to hear GOD speaking. Now while it is true that GOD can do whatever He wants and chooses to do, think about this the time: when you had something to tell someone but they were too busy saying what they had to say to really hear what was on your mind and heart, nothing lasting coming out of your mouth was probably heard.
I’ve been that type of person and sometimes still am, so take it from me, important information does get lost in translation, information that could possibly create a positive outcome to the forefront while forcing possible negative outcomes involved with stepping out of the comfort zone into the background. Even if things do not turn out as hoped for there is still a life long lesson learned from whatever decision was made.
Genesis chapter 12:1-3 and Hebrews 11:8-10 talks about a certain man who chose to step out of his comfort zone and the results of his doing so, I invite you to read those texts and gain what personal life lessons from them as you see fit however remember this if you life long enough something in this world may challenge you to step out of your comfort zone.
Genesis chapter 12:1-3 1 The LORD had said to Abram, "Leave your country, your people and your father's household and go to the land I will show you. 2 "I will make you into a great nation and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing. 3 I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you."
Hebrews 11:8-10 8 By faith Abraham, when called to go to a place he would later receive as his inheritance, obeyed and went, even though he did not know where he was going. 9 By faith he made his home in the promised land like a stranger in a foreign country; he lived in tents, as did Isaac and Jacob, who were heirs with him of the same promise. 10 For he was looking forward to the city with foundations, whose architect and builder is God.
Scriptures used in this article are from the (NIV) New International Version as used on http://www.biblestudytools.com/
Until next weeks message and thank your for reading, Alfred Harrell