Skimlinks

Sunday, August 26, 2012

The Power of Praise

Inspirational Message # 5E Week of Sunday, August 26, 2012 by Alfred Harrell Copyright 2012


Words of appreciation, commendation or actions denoting such from family, friends and even total strangers with regard to the smallest of our accomplishments as a human being uplift our hearts stirring up emotions within us that often generate a state of tranquility inside of us from which we can draw waters of peace when the difficulties of life find us. “The praise that comes from love does not make us vain, but more humble.”-James M. Barrie (1860 - 1937)
The power of praise is has been for myself like it has been for other people a test of character as much as a clarifier of the reasons I utilize words or give of myself freely for others. There was a time when I didn’t have a clear understanding of the aforementioned quote or the scriptures cited below that being the case therefore I ask that as you do as I have done as you read those text below: reflect as I do daily on the reasons you have for doing good things for family, friends and community in whatever form you make your contributions.
Proverbs 27:2 (NIV)-“Let another praise you, and not your own mouth; someone else, and not your own lips.”
Proverbs 27:21 (NIV)-“The crucible for silver and the furnace for gold, but man is tested by the praise he receives.”

Until next weeks message and thank your for reading, Alfred Harrell

 Scriptures used in this article are from the (NIV) New International Version as used on http://www.biblestudytools.com/

https://www.facebook.com/#!/mraharrl