Inspirational Message # 6F Week of Monday, September 03, 2012 by Alfred Harrell Copyright 2012
Several years ago I found myself late one Friday evening sitting on a park bench between two strangers a woman who was about my age and widower in his seventies in Center City Park located in downtown Greensboro. Why I was hanging out in a park by myself on a Friday evening when I had a new bride at home but more importantly are the questions why was I was there pouring out my heart too strangers and why should this interest you dear reader.
Well a partial answer to those questions for the moment is that I had failed to understand as of that moment in time four basic age-old teachings (1) there’s a difference in being lonely and being alone (2) you can’t recreate the best times of your past with someone else by making you’re new relationship into copy of the old one after all if it was to last to the end of your life then you would be in it now (3) without a clear understanding of who you are as a person and the type of person who better fits who you are now as to personality as well as outlook on life especially in a spiritual sense any new relationship entered in is preset to failure (4) we’re not always ready to move forward in life just because we tell ourselves we are because to the journey home will only begin when we take full responsibility for our decisions good or bad with to regard to every aspect of our life, past or present.
Failure to acknowledge the above may find you like it did me pouring out your heart to friends or total strangers perhaps on a park bench.
Now back to the beginning, after telling the lady how the park had become my escape from almost constant arguments over a host of things many them rooted in the four points mentioned above, something I had not realized at the time of my conversation with her, she went on to remind of me about the need to live a GOD centered life by myself and to have a GOD centered relationship or marriage in other words there is only real unity and peace when one walks with their divine Creator individually or as a couple who shares similar spiritual values.
The sad reality is that I once believed that way but now only reasoned on it with my head and no longer allowed it too affect my heart therein the move forward to the point where The Hurt and Healer would collide and the change inside me was not ready as of this conversation something I would soon realize after the old man joined us and our conversation on that park bench in Center City Park.
After listening briefly to the issues of my heart the old man offer a room in his home to me, rent free plus the wisdom of his more than 50 years married if I would go back to the house pack up all my things and move in that very night and then he looked me in the eyes saying, “You’re not ready for change yet, you like it there, you know you rushed into it, this marriage because you were lonely and filled with guilt over you’ve done before her an’ you not ready to change things.”
Boy! Was he right! That was three years ago and I wouldn’t be ready until the hurt and the healer collided with me becoming redeemed as to who I as to who I am in my faith walk, my knowing and knowing self well enough to surrender my Creator leading with regard to my life as I believe each of us who see GOD as actively interested in our life must do whether we are living a single life and loving it, are desirous of a relationship with someone else or are already in a relationship or marriage.
If you can like myself respond in the affirmative with regard to moving forward to the four points highlighted at the outset of this messages even if you’ve had to go in and out of different types of relationship from personal, to family and professionally then perhaps you are ready to truly accept each and every perfect gift that our heavenly father GOD has for you even when it isn’t wrapped the way you think it should be.
In conclusion I hope that you are because I am with no regrets. If this year thus far has been a roller coaster ride for you like it has been for me then look back on it and remember the thrill as well as joy it brought you instead of the fear of the peaks in it. Finally instead of including scriptures in this messages as usual I linking it with three music videos that remind me of the need to be ready for change.
I am ready! Are you?
THE HURT & THE HEALER BY MERCY ME
http://youtu.be/M-kMPbTHmYw
REDEEMED by Big Daddy Weave
http://youtu.be/VzGAYNKDyIU
He Is With You by Mandisa
http://youtu.be/P3CVlv2dz3w
Until next weeks message and thank your for reading, Alfred Harrell